Friday, January 9, 2009

GBPCHF is looking very promising now

I was running the optimizer on all different pairs and one that stuck out for this last month is GBPCHF. Here are the optimized parameters for InterbankFX mini account with $500...
  • minTradeSize=0.1 (0.01 for standard account)
  • scaleDivisor=100
  • stopDollars=1000 (or set to 1 to disable panic mode)
  • shortMaBars=18
  • longMaBars=90
  • stopBars=6
  • useLimit=1
  • limitPips=20
  • useMM=1
  • aggressiveMode=1
  • slippage=10
  • panicMode=0
  • maxTotalLots=1000
This combination produced 300% gains in a single month. Here is a graph from a backtest...

Photobucket

Anyway, it looks promising and I might try it in place of EURCHF, which I have been experimenting with but I'm not too happy with so far.

3 comments:

Tony said...

I just switched my EA from EURCHF to GBPCHF. It's interesting that I was already running this exact same combination of parameters on EURCHF just recently. I'm not sure what that means but it is very unusual to have the same parameters for two separate currency pairs.

Tony said...

If anyone is interested, I will not be making any withdrawals until my account balance is at least $3000. It is part of my cash flow strategy that I discuss in my book. The basic premise of the strategy is that you start with $500 in the account, withdrawing periodically. At the 11th withdrawal you will have withdrawn about $1000000 from your account, and will have at least that amount REMAINING IN your account.

FYI, this will be withdrawal #2 of 11 and will be for at least $1000. Wish me luck!

Tony said...

A friend of mine pointed out that the loss I recently took on GBPCHF is because of the price bouncing off the 200EMA on the 4-hour chart. After verifying what he said, I'm not sure what to do with this one since the 200EMA is a huge support/resistance level.

For now I will let the EA do its thing, but if I take many more losses I might just pull the plug and look for a new pair.