Friday, February 6, 2009

OK I'm back in the market now.

I dropped GBPCHF for now, although it looks like it is in a good position for trading now, after it took half of my account balance from me. :-(

Anyway, GBPJPY has moved clear above the 200MA and looks like there's room for upward movement. I have had the EA running on a demo account for the last few days and it has been doing quite well, so I decided to try it on my live account with these parameters. Remember this is for InterbankFX. For FXDD you want scaleDivisor=1000, and you want at least $1000 in your account.
  • minTradeSize = 0.1
  • scaleDivisor = 100
  • stopDollars = 1000
  • shortMaBars = 12
  • longMaBars = 54
  • stopBars = 6
  • useLimit = 1
  • limitPips = 30
  • useMM = 1
  • aggressiveMode = 1
  • slippage = 10
  • panicMode = 0
  • maxTotalLots = 1000
I am still not confident in the market right now, but this really looks like a good opportunity to capture some nice profits. Please proceed with extreme caution if you are considering trading along with me.

1 comment:

Tony said...

I have adjusted these settings recently...

shortMaBars = 6
longMaBars = 12
limitPips = 20

I noticed that using the 6 and 12 moving averages seems to be very effective. Unfortunately, the preset files that I provided with the AME Cross Trader will never give you that combination when you optimize. I think I am starting longMaBars at 48, which keeps the 6/12 combination from ever being tested. :-(