Monday, December 29, 2008

What if my broker doesn't allow mini lots?

I had a customer ask about using the AME Cross Trader on an account that does not allow trade sizes smaller than 1 standard lot. After a little thought and some experimentation, I came to the conclusion that it can be done, but not with a starting balance of $500.

If for some reason you are in this situation, then a starting balance of at least $2000 is required. I would recommend $3000. Also, when you optimize, load the "ame-cross-trader-h4-standard-full.set" preset file (on H4) and change the following parameters...
  • minTradeSize = 1
  • scaleDivisor = 10000
  • stopDollars = 0.33
I found a combination on EURUSD that (in backtest) turned $2000 into $11000 in 1 month before a panic mode stopped it from trading anymore, so there's definite potential there.

No comments: