Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My favorite pair stopped working!

I have been running the AME Cross Trader exclusively on gbpjpy for a few months now on my live account. In fact, since about November 7, I pretty much stopped interfering with it and let it perform its magic without me. The only exception is when a trade goes against me but take-profit is already set, then I tend to add a position (same size with same take-profit) to increase profits.

I added a link to a statement that's updated periodically (in the My Other Sites section).

Anyway, about 2 weeks ago, gbpjpy changed it's behavior and cost me a small bundle. So I stopped trading it until it gets back to some level of predictability and started looking for a new pair to trade. I found about 4 pairs but the one that caught my eye was eurchf. That was a week ago. At the time I had about $1000 in my account, and so far it is working pretty well for me. Not as aggressive gains as gbpjpy, but nice and steady.

Here are the parameters I am using on eurchf for a mini account (important) that can be started with $500...
  • minTradeSize = 0.1
  • scaleDivisor = 100
  • stopDollars = 1000
  • shortMaBars = 16
  • longMaBars = 28
  • stopBars = 5
  • useLimit = 1
  • limitPips = 60
  • useMM = 1
  • aggressiveMode = 1
  • slippage = 10
  • panicMode = 0
  • maxTotalLots = 1000
Also, if you look at my recent statement, you'll see that it has placed about 5 trades in the past week and increased my account by almost $300. Like I said, it's looking promising. But eurchf is brand new to me and I am still experimenting with it.

2 comments:

Chronos said...

Take into consideration that the spreads widen after the 23rd to the 4th and it's a very bad idea to try to trade during the christmas break due to multiplex of reasons.

Wait till 5th of Jan and turn on the juice again...I lost 100 on the first day (23rd) on a robot that almost never loses.

Bad times = turn off robot! :)

Tony said...

One thing I forgot to mention. If you are going to try these parameters on a standard account, then you need to set scaleDivisor to 1000, or, if you're feeling a little more aggressive, leave scaleDivisor alone and set minTradeSize to 0.01.