Sunday, December 14, 2008

Can you say "Holy Cow"?

Someone posted a question in my comments on the ATC2008 web site...

"Hi Tony, If you were to run your EA on a MT4 Strategy Tester report right now dating from 1 Oct 2008 until today, and not stopping where your EA did (60K), where would it be today, profit wise, and profit ratio ?"

Well, I don't have the original EA anymore. It has evolved and become a little more advanced. So I did the next best thing. I ran the optimizer on the current version to find a combination that would do well from October 1 until today. And here's what it produced...


Click Image to View Report

INSANE profits, and the panic mode still activated, but this time it wasn't until October 24. You have to see the report for yourself. I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

Now understand this. This does not mean that if I had this new version of the EA in the contest, that I would have done so much better. Most likely, I would have used similar parameters to the original and the panic mode would have still activated in the first week. I just show this report so that you can see the potential of the AME Cross Trader.

2 comments:

Tony said...

I know what you're thinking... Either "82% drawdown?" or "Anyone can backfit results like this!".

Like I said, I would not have used these settings myself. The optimizer produced over 300 profitable combinations. Many of which never activated panic mode. Also, I would never run the EA on a live account for the first time using more than $500. Start with a small amount of money, double your account, then take out the original deposit so that you're trading risk free.

Security Advice said...

check out the ATC... looks to me like you are climbing back up the ranks! As of now, position 10

A few more losses from some of the others.....

Good luck