Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Look what I found!

I totally forgot about this account that I set up in August for the Surefire Trading Challenge. I opened it with $1000 and it has been running pretty much unattended since August. Just this morning as I was doing some maintenance on my VPS, I noticed that this account was still running and is up over 200% since I opened it.

Anyway, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to put it on MyFXbook.com since it goes back 4 months and looks so good. Now for some disclaimers...
  • I opened that account with $1000 and used risk levels much higher than what I recommend for Forex Set and Forget (FSaF). The reason is because this account was used for a contest, which means using very aggressive settings for trading.
  • Once I lost the contest (can you believe it? I doubled the account and still lost the contest), I put FSaF on a safer pair and used the included Preset File for that pair. Even so it was still running with only about $2000, which is $1000 LESS than the recommended minimum deposit.
  • Almost as soon as I changed the settings, I completely forgot about the account and never looked at it again until I accidentally noticed it this morning.
Anyway, check it out. This is kinda like finding a bunch of coins under your sofa cushions! :-)

No comments: