Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's NOT about the pips!!!

As you probably know, I sell forex trade signals on ZuluTrade. That, however, does me no good because if you look at my stats, my system appears to be a complete failure. No one in their right mind, after seeing my stats, would ever subscribe to my signals. The reason why? Simple. ZuluTrade counts profit in PIPS. Monetary profit is shown in my stats, but you have to go searching for it. So when you pull up my stats page, the first thing you see is this graph...


OOH YEAH that really makes me want to get out my checkbook and invest in this system! Doesn't it do the same for you? (kidding)

But check this out. If you scroll down the page you will see the trading history. Here is a piece of that section...


In the diagram above, the most recent trade is on top. Notice where I circled in red shows that my account at that point was up over $1831, but I am down by 201 pips. Also, the most recently closed trade (circled in green) shows my pip count at -304, but my account profit at over $1415. So clearly, this system is winning. The account is up by almost 18% profit as of this writing in just 3 weeks.

I am very proud of my system, but am frustrated about the way ZuluTrade ranks things. The point I'm trying to make is this: Not all forex trading systems are about capturing the most pips. An effective money management strategy will enable you to lose many more pips than you gain, and yet your account will grow steadily.

Seriously, if you want proof, try my signals on a demo account for just one month. Start with $10000 and if after one month you don't have at least 10% profit on your account then you can assume I have no idea what I'm talking about. But I'm sticking to my original statement...

It's NOT about the pips!

No comments: